Sunday 28 August 2016

27th August

Early morning in the Magic Garden and there were signs of movement with at least half a dozen Blackcaps ‘takking’ away and lots of Chiffchaffs in the scrub. This little boggy area was particularly attractive…


Standing here I saw Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Garden Warbler and at least three Sedge Warblers. The most I’ve seen together in the village.


I also saw my first Common Darters of the year here and Brown, Migrant and Southern Hawkers.

On the flood pools in the bottom field the recent rain had topped them up and as well as the obligatory Green Sandpipers (which have been seen every day since late June) there were two Greenshank. Unfortunately this was the best shot I managed for this exceptionally nervous bird.


Last night I walked along the river, it was very quiet but I did find a young Coot, a rare bird in the parish and my 108th species of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment