Wednesday 28 December 2016

28th December

I haven’t posted for a little while as it’s been so quiet. I went down the river this morning hoping the cold might have pushed birds off any frozen water. A group of 11 Cormorants flew over along with a single Goosander and a small group of Common Gulls was by the railway bridge…


This Grey Heron caught the early sun...


But after this the mist closed back in…


A large flock of geese was on the far side of the river but the mist was so thick I couldn’t see anything but vague shapes.
Yesterday there was a group of around 40 Curlew feeding here…


I flushed a small group of Teal…


a flock of 13 Wigeon was on a  riverside flood pool, 150 Golden Plover on the fields south of the bridge and a single Oystercatcher was still present…


And finally, in the misty distance today, a reminder that spring isn’t that far away…


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I've never seen hare boxing - that's a great capture! I'll be keeping a closer eye on my hare this month.

    ReplyDelete